Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Life of an Author: Busy, Busy, Busy


After the launch of Death of a Doxy, the third book in my Kirsty Campbell series, last week I thought I might be able to draw breath and relax.

Silly me! I should have known better.

In my naivety, I’d scheduled a Facebook event for the launch. and, of course, it was a mad dash at the last minute to ensure Death of a Doxy was available in time. After all, what’s a launch without a book? But the event was a great success. I provided virtual food and drink and some obscure facts and lots of chit-chat. It was exhilarating, but boy was I shattered by the end of it. It took me all my time to crawl into bed.


Next up was all the little things I needed to do. Responding to readers who contacted me,  then updating my website, my Facebook author page, making my Book2Look widget, updating my posters and various bits and bobs.

Finally, all the little tasks were done so what’s left to do? The Waterstone’s physical launch of course. That’s currently in the process of being arranged. It will be at the Dundee branch of the store and, as usual, there will be assorted nibbles and some liquid refreshment. These launches usually go off with a bang.

In the meantime, I noticed a couple of reviews had already trickled into Amazon so that’s good because I never ask anyone to do reviews although it’s great when someone takes the time and trouble to do one. It all helps to bring the book to the attention of new readers.

So now, is it time to sit back and relax?

Nope. No way!

I’m now preparing for Crime at the Castle where I’ll be speaking alongside the great and the good of the crime writing fraternity. People like Val McDermid, Denise Mina, Chris Brookmyre, Alex Gray, Lin Anderson. I could go on and on.
 
Glamis Castle


This is going to be a fabulous event held in Glamis Castle, the childhood home of the Queen Mother, and with a history that stretches back in time. My talks will be in the Queen Mother’s sitting room, and the Chapel which comes complete with the ghost of the Grey Lady. (Did I forget to mention the ghosts?) I must remember to welcome her to my talk.


Anyway, I have to be off now to prepare for this fabulous event. I’m busy, busy, busy.

Chris Longmuir






No comments: