Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 December 2017

Happy New Year and what happened to last year’s resolutions



Well, that’s another year in and it seems to have whizzed by, it doesn’t seem like yesterday I was making my New Year resolutions and I bet you’re wondering whether I managed to keep them. So here goes:

2017 resolutions – how did I do?

First resolution – Publish my nonfiction book “Nuts & Bolts of Self-Publishing” before the end of January – I almost made it because I published it on 6th February 2017. I was only 6 days out. And I’m really pleased at how well it’s done and that a lot of people have found it useful.

Second resolution – Finish writing my next Kirsty Campbell mystery, “Bloody Murder” – Woop, woop. I finished it just before Christmas although I still have all the revision and editing to do, but I’ve made a start. The only thing is, it’s got a new title. I thought “Bloody Murder” was too modern for a historical murder mystery, so I’ve retitled it “Death of a Doxy”.

Third resolution – Promote and market my books more! Well, that was a nonstarter because I’m rubbish at the ‘Buy my book’ spiel. But then, I’m happy to be rubbish at that because I write mainly for the pleasure of writing and pleasing my readers.

So that’s last year’s resolutions out of the way. What about this year?

Resolutions for 2018:

Resolution 1 – Work hard on the revision and editing of “Death of a Doxy” and publish it before the end of January. Should be a piece of cake provided I don’t take too much time off to eat or sleep.

Resolution 2 – Plan my next book which will be another of the Dundee Crime Series. Problem is I haven’t got a scooby about the plot or anything else, apart from the fact I’ve promised our fabulous Angus library staff to place a body in one of their libraries. And thank you Lesley Matthews for offering yourself up as the body.

Resolution 3 – Write faster because that is what my readers want.

Please note, I haven’t made a resolution to do any marketing or promotion because it goes against the grain. I will just count myself lucky if all the readers who enjoy my books, spread the word.

Happy New Year everybody.

Chris Longmuir




No comments: