Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Kirsty Campbell Investigates



An invitation especially for you just in case you missed the invitations I sent out over the last few weeks. I wouldn’t want you to miss out on the book launch of my new Kirsty Campbell mystery, Death of a Doxy.

In this new mystery, Kirsty, Dundee’s first policewoman, is up to her eyes in a new investigation and is convinced her boss, DI Jamie Brewster, has got it all wrong.

Lily, one of Big Aggie’s girls in her house of pleasure, is savagely murdered and Big Aggie is found covered in blood beside the body. It seems an open and shut case but Kirsty is not so sure. Unable to get Brewster to listen to her reservations she sets out to uncover Lily’s secrets which she is sure will lead her to the killer. But this killer will do anything to avoid detection and Kirsty finds herself in danger where her life is at stake. Will she come through unscathed this time? I’m not telling!

I’ll be talking about the book in more depth at the launch and introduce you to Kirsty who is both feisty and vulnerable in equal measures. She is an unusual and interesting main character and I’m sure there will be many more adventures for her in Dundee.

Look what I found at Waterstones

 If you are anywhere in the vicinity on Thursday evening do pop in and say hello to me.

Chris Longmuir

PS: If you like the sound of Kirsty you can buy the book at:






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell me this is a coincidence that I have the same name and I was the same age of the character at the time I purchased the first of the novels...

Just tell me it's a coincidence so I can go back to sleep.

I couldn't read it because it made me cry so much.

Chris Longmuir said...

Most definitely a coincidence. When I was a child my folks called me Chrissie, which I didn't like, but sometimes I was called Kirsty which I didn't mind so much. So, that's where the Kirsty first name came from. I hope you can get back to sleep now.