Total Pageviews

Monday 31 December 2018

Happy New Year to One and All





To all my friends, family, readers and followers I want to send you all my best wishes for 2019. I hope you enjoy happiness, health and wealth, as well as success in everything you do.





But for me, it's time to take stock because that’s another year gone. They seem to whiz past so quickly now. I’m dashed if I know where the time has gone and what I’ve done with it.

As I recall I made some resolutions last New Year. So how did I do?

Well, I suppose you could say the first one was a bit mixed because I did publish Death of a Doxy this past year, but it was in March and not January which is what I had resolved to do. So, half marks for that. Full marks for publishing the book but a half mark deducted for not getting it out on time.

The second resolution was kept because I did plan the next book in the Dundee Crime Series. However, I lost my mojo about 20,000 words in because another idea pushed its way to the front of my mind and I started to work on a completely different book which was burning to be born. So, no top marks there either.


The third one was to write faster. I’m afraid that resolution was a dismal failure. It never got off the ground. Maybe it’s just as well because I’m a bit of a perfectionist and I know I wouldn’t be pleased with a rushed job.

So, it’s time to make some resolutions for 2019

Resolution 1 – Work hard writing the new book and publish it in 2019. This one is the first book of a completely new mystery series. The series will be labelled the Suffragette Mysteries and is set earlier in the century in 1908 but, although the book is progressing well, it doesn’t actually have a title yet. I’m sure inspiration will strike before I write "The End".

Resolution 2 – Return to my partly written book 4 in the Dundee Crime Series and finish it. Is it too much to hope for that I will be able to publish this one in 2019 as well?

Resolution 3 – Try my best to write faster, set goals and brush up my work ethic. However, I must not let that get in the way of the quality of the finished book. That wouldn’t be fair to my readers.

And, once again, I won’t make a resolution to market and promote better because, as you already know, that goes against the grain. Once again I will think myself lucky if my lovely readers spread the word, provided they enjoy reading my books. After all, a writer is nothing without readers.

So, I'll raise a glass to you and wish you a Happy New Year.


Chris Longmuir



2 comments:

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Wishing you a very Happy, Healthy and Successful New Year, Chris, and all the best on your creative journey!

Chris Longmuir said...

Thank you, Rosemary, and I wish you the same.